Georges Perec, Entretiens, conférences, textes rares, inédits, Nantes, Joseph K, 2019, 1100 p.
Textes réunis, présentés et annotés par Mireille Ribière avec la participation de Dominique Bertelli
The interviews and talks Georges Perec gave from 1965 to 1981 as well as his book and film reviews, essays, newspaper columns, prefaces, articles, letters and non fictional writings give us a precious insight into the development of his aesthetics and might help understand why he has become such an influential figure in literature and the arts in France and beyond.
The first part of the book follows his career from 1965, when he burst onto the literary scene with his prize-winning first novel (Les Choses/ Things), to his premature death of lung cancer in 1982. He died aged forty-six, having finally achieved enough recognition with the success of La Vie mode d’emploi/ Life A User’s Manual (1978) to be able to make a living as a writer. The second part brings together pieces presumed lost or not included in previous collected writings as well as unpublished material that has gained relevance with the posthumous publication of his early novels such as Le Condottière / Portrait of a Man Known as Il Condottiere.
The 181 pieces collected in this one volume have been carefully annotated and are preceded by elaborate introductory notes detailing the literary, cultural and socio-political context in which they were written, published and reviewed.
Read the introduction to the book in French
Read the reviews in French
OTHER RESEARCH by Mireille Ribière ONLINE
On the posterity of La Disparition (translated into English as A Void):
- Détournement et fidélité : E-book de Joachim Schmid
- La postérité de La Disparition: l’exemple d’Ella Minnow Pea. Download
- La Disparition et sa traduction par Gilbert Adair: deux textes, une même œuvre ?
On quotations and borrowings:
- Traces mallarméennes chez Georges Perec
- Art citationnel et romanesque dans La Disparition de Georges Perec, in Le Pied de la lettre, p. 133-144
- “Maudit bic ou la maldiction” dans La Disparition de Georges Perec’
On Perec’s collections of poems (untranslated):
- Le lieu et la forme dans La Clôture de Georges Perec
- ‘La poésie en question dans La Clôture et autres poèmes de Georges Perec